Exporting very large Data to an XML file from SQL Server

• I have a query that creates an xml file but I'm getting errors because the XML is too large. I've already set the Results To Grid Property XML Data to unlimited but I'm still getting the error.

• You didn't write any details about what you are doing (a select statement with for xml clause? selecting a huge xml column? using xquery to create or modify an existing xml?).  If you'll write some more details maybe one of the readers will be able to give you a better answer.  In any case I never had a problem with XML that is too large.  If the problem is that it is too large for the results to show and you don't need to see the full xml, you can switch to text mode, and you won't get an error but you'll get only part of the XML.  If you do need to see the XML you can try and save the results directly to the disk and then open the file using another tool (Again did not supply any details about the error that you get, and from your description it seems like it is a matter of showing the results, but I might be wrong here).

Adi

• dndaughtery wrote:

I have a query that creates an xml file but I'm getting errors because the XML is too large. I've already set the Results To Grid Property XML Data to unlimited but I'm still getting the error.

What have you tried so far?

😎

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply