Exporting to Excel issues

• I am using SS2008R2 on Windows Server 2003. I am trying to create a package that takes data from a database query and exports it to an Excel spreadsheet. When it hits the last step, export to Excel, it always hits an error.

I have followed various suggestions very carefully but every time I get an error. I have made the correction with the 64bitswitch. It has gotten to the point where I can't even get the package to debug for me.

I am a newbie to SSIS and my company expects me to do a lot with it and I am struggling. I mean if I was programmer or SQL developer this would be so much easier, but I'm a monitor the databases, indexes, jobs (also create jobs), that type of DBA.

I know this isn't much information to go on, but at this point I'll even take a stab in the dark.

TIA,

Nancy

• nancy.lytle (4/7/2015)

I am using SS2008R2 on Windows Server 2003. I am trying to create a package that takes data from a database query and exports it to an Excel spreadsheet. When it hits the last step, export to Excel, it always hits an error.

I have followed various suggestions very carefully but every time I get an error. I have made the correction with the 64bitswitch. It has gotten to the point where I can't even get the package to debug for me.

I am a newbie to SSIS and my company expects me to do a lot with it and I am struggling. I mean if I was programmer or SQL developer this would be so much easier, but I'm a monitor the databases, indexes, jobs (also create jobs), that type of DBA.

I know this isn't much information to go on, but at this point I'll even take a stab in the dark.

TIA,

Nancy

Can you post the full text of the error message you are receiving?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• I got this error:

The ‘Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0’ provider is not registered on the local machine.

So I installed the AccessDatabaseEngine as suggested by Microsoft.

This is the second error I got after running the above is listed as 'ErrorOne' attachment, the second error is 'ErrorTwo'.

This is a simple test take all the data from a table that is laid out

Create table Check_SysMail

FailedMail_ID (int),

SystemStatus varchar(25),

ServersName varchar(12),

GatherDate datetime

Query data is simple select of all data:

Select FailedMail_ID

,SystemStatus

,ServersName

,GatherDate

From Check_SysMail

Into Excel datasheet

I made as sure as I can that the datatypes in the spreadsheet match the datatypes in the database. I don't understand all the unicode and non-unicode error.

And I certainly don't understand the other error message concerning column lineage (ID 60) that was not previously used in Data Flow Task

and 'component 'Excel Destination' (28) failed validation and returned validation status 'VS_NEEDSNEWMETADATA'

or how to correct any other the errors.

Any help appreciated

TIA

Nancy

• Regarding the Unicode errors, please have a look here.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply