Exporting SSRS reprot to Excel

• Hi Team,

I'm exporting a SSRS report to Excel. For some input parameters the number of rows generated by the SSRS is around 100,000(more than 65000 rows) and it throws an error while exporting.

One option what I tried is, to export as CSV and open the CSV and save it as Excel work book(I have office 2010 in my machine). It works, but the problem is, all the column header are displayed as text box names. For ex,(I'm looking for name Emp Name, but it is giving me Emp_Name).

Is there any solution or work around for this? Please suggest.

Regards

Jim

• you need to set the "DataElementName" property for that particular column(s) to your Desire Name

By Default its set to Blank and set the "DataElementStyle" property to "Element".

hope its helps.

• Hi,

I tried the "DataElementName", but it is not allowing me to enter space. For ex, 'Employee Name' is not allowed. I changed the "DataElementStyle" to Element. But still it didnt work 🙁

• As SSRS Excel export will only export 65000 rows, take the results in different sheets inside single file, change below property

In Row Group (On group with bigger data less than 65000 rows) properties -> PageBreak Click option "Between each instance of a group. , this will create seprate sheets in excel file with as per group specified.

Check the IntialPageName Property in Report, this will change the name of the sheets with Running Sr.No.

Hope this will help

Thanks & Regards,

Bhaskar Shetty

• Just a note SSRS2012 writes xlsx files about 1 Million rows. I know does not help with your older version but one more reason to upgrade

• Hi Bhaskar,

In my case, multiple sheet is not preffered. Is there any way to rename the CSV column header. It is giving text box names now. For ex, Emp_Name1 but I need Emp Name.

Please suggest..

• Jim1234 (12/12/2013)

Hi Bhaskar,

In my case, multiple sheet is not preffered. Is there any way to rename the CSV column header. It is giving text box names now. For ex, Emp_Name1 but I need Emp Name.

Please suggest..

The column name comes from the DataElementName property, or if that is blank, the Name property. Unfortunatly, neither allow commas or quoting. you need to set it like "EmpName1".

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply