Exporting SQL Server Data to OpenLDAP via SSIS package

• Hello,

Can anyone provide any insight on if I there is a better way to do this and/or any third party software or freeware that exists to assist in/automate this process?

Right now I am maintaining a separate table of users that we want to make available in the LDAP server and firing off triggers when adds, updates and deletes are performed on this table which I use to create the ldif files to add, update and delete entries in the LDAP server.

It works but I can't help but wonder if I am reinventing the wheel or being extremely unefficient in the way I am handling this process.

Any advice or stories on how others are handling the population/maintenance of LDAP through SQL Server is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• There's a tool called Ldap Synchronization Connector (LSC)[/url] which is handy to do this. Just feed it a couple of SQL requests to get the data you want from your main tables, then map database fields to LDAP attributes, and LSC will keep your directory up-to-date. It compares entries on each run, so only updates what is needed. No more worries about the nitty-gritty of LDAP comparaisons or LDIF format!

It needs a JDBC connector to work (Java Database Connector), which you can get as a download at microsoft.com.

The tool is open source, and I've seen a few people using it in just this way before, with good feedback!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply