Export to Multiple Worksheets

• I posted a similar request last week however have now started a new post as progress has been made.

Using SSIS I have created a package as follows:

File System Task (DestinationConnection export.xls / OverwriteDestination = True / SourceConnection = template.xls)

Data Flow Task

OLE DB Source

SQL Command

EXEC bsp_GLExport @GLType = 2666, @Year = 2010

Excel Destination

Sheet 35070$

This runs OK. Data is written to the exports.xls file, worksheet 35070$. Each time the pacakge executes the file is overridden.

I would like to execute the package multiple times (multiple tasks) writing values to additional worksheets within the exports.xls file

i.e. second run

EXEC bsp_GLExport @GLType = 2670, @Year = 2009

Excel Destination

Sheet 35080$

Can I achieve this in my current package?

Many Thanks,

Phil.

Update: Would I add additional Control Flows?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A neutron walks into a bar. "I'd like a beer" he says. The bartender promptly serves up a beer. "How much will that be?" asks the neutron. "For you?" replies the bartender, "no charge."

Two hydrogen atoms walk into a bar. One says, 'I think I've lost an electron.' The other says 'Are you sure?' The first says, 'Yes, I'm positive... '

Tommy Cooper

• That would be the easiest way of accomplishing this task. Simple add more controls that do basically the same thing as the original ones. It would not hurt to hit the database more than once. You could also create a complete new package, and call one from the other. That way you could easily stop using one if needed

Andrew SQLDBA

• Thanks for posting.

Kind Regards,

Phil.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A neutron walks into a bar. "I'd like a beer" he says. The bartender promptly serves up a beer. "How much will that be?" asks the neutron. "For you?" replies the bartender, "no charge."

Two hydrogen atoms walk into a bar. One says, 'I think I've lost an electron.' The other says 'Are you sure?' The first says, 'Yes, I'm positive... '

Tommy Cooper

• Well, within reason, but if you're going round pretty much the same loop 20 times, I would be doing a fair amount of investigation to avoid having 20 dataflows.

A foreach loop could do this, it would seem, by (for example) reading its parameters from a pre-populated SQL Server table, though multiple DFs is an easier-to-code solution, I agree.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply