Export to csv then FTP using variables

• Hi,

Ive created a package that exports using a dynamic filename but for the life of me, i cannot get it to ftp over then delete from the source.

I have a data flow and ftp task.  It should use parameters to create the filename based on the date. This works and a file is created but the FTP task gives me the following error (any help really appreciated):

Information: 0x40043009 at Data Flow Task, SSIS.Pipeline: Cleanup phase is beginning.

Error: 0xC0014054 at FTP Task: Failed to lock variable "C:\SCRIPTS\SQLServersExport_20191007.csv" for read access with error 0xC0010001 "The variable cannot be found. This occurs when an attempt is made to retrieve a variable from the Variables collection on a container during execution of the package, and the variable is not there. The variable name may have changed or the variable is not being created.".

Error: 0xC0024102 at FTP Task: The Validate method on the task failed, and returned error code 0x80131500 (Failed to lock variable "C:\SCRIPTS\SQLServersExport_20191007.csv" for read access with error 0xC0010001 "The variable cannot be found. This occurs when an attempt is made to retrieve a variable from the Variables collection on a container during execution of the package, and the variable is not there. The variable name may have changed or the variable is not being created.".

). The Validate method must succeed and indicate the result using an "out" parameter.

Error: 0xC0024107 at FTP Task: There were errors during task validation.

Warning: 0x80019002 at Package: SSIS Warning Code DTS_W_MAXIMUMERRORCOUNTREACHED. The Execution method succeeded, but the number of errors raised (6) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.

SSIS package "\\staffhome\staff_home0\55133977\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\Integration Services Project1\Integration Services Project1\Package.dtsx" finished: Failure.

The program '[11900] DtsDebugHost.exe: DTS' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Darryl Wilson
    darrylw99@hotmail.com

• I imagine that you've called your variable something like 'FileName', and not "C:\SCRIPTS\SQLServersExport_20191007.csv"!

Thus, I suspect you need to revisit the various relevant properties in your package components, looking for incorrect references.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply