export report to excel and excel should create formula fields for the sum fields of the report

• hi ,

I would be really intersted too by this feature as I have to export formula in excel.

thanks in advance

chris

• read the start of this discussion, its explained in one of the first posts.

Carlton..

• I have two named text boxes within a matrix. I have another text box in the matrix which contains :

=ReportItems!Name1.Value-ReportItems!Name2.Value

However, when I export to Excel, the value of the subtraction is put in the Excel spreadsheet, not the Excel equivalent formula.

Is there a special incantation, apart from using ReportItems, to cause formulae to migrate from Reporting Services to Excel?

• "When I export a report to excel and my report has sum fields, I would like excel to create the fields into formula fields that I could manipulate the data in excel and the values will ripple thru to the sum fields. "

Yes this is possible. Your end result will be an Excelreport correct?

If so you can create the report using VBA code in Excel (remote OLEDB , ADO, SQL to fetch

the data) You can with VBA dynamically mix data with formulas (sum, filtering).

You can make the report as a template including VBA code and the user can open the template

and from a drop down list choose something like a cutomer and then fetch data.

If you like I can of line provide you with an example.

/Gosta

• What was your solution to rendering the formula?

Thanks in advance.

• "What was your solution to rendering the formula?"

In my case all formulas are parts of the Excel design

//Gosta

• Hi, Rivkah Pil.

Maybe you can have a try of RAQ Report. I believe you can solve your problem with it easily.

It is a free reporting tool, and you can get it at http://www.raqsoft.com/[/url].

RAQ Report: Web-based Excel-like Java reporting tool[/url]

• I have also considered creating a custom extension for exporting, would you be willing to share your code on this?

Thanks

• I just learned a nice little trick while investigating exactly this issue:

In your SSRS-table add an expression with the formula of your choice like this (char 61 is the equal-sign) ->

=Chr(61) + "SUM(A2:A5)"

Then when you export the file to excel, the formula will be rendered as text. To make it in to a formula again just do a "Ctrl+H" (replace), put an = sign in both the search and the replace box, and the click Replace All". And Voila!! All formulas are rendered properly 😀

• hi,

I want to use a custom excel template to export my SSR 2008 report in SharePoint.Could you please help me out in this like how i can achive and if possible send me the code.

• ammuprasath (7/14/2011)

hi,

I want to use a custom excel template to export my SSR 2008 report in SharePoint.Could you please help me out in this like how i can achive and if possible send me the code.

Start a new thread, your question is outside of this thread.

Carlton.

• I need you help!!!

When I export report to excel, the hypertext write just like text, for example "=HYPERLINK(http://maps.google.com.ua/maps?ix=acb&q=50.1878 27.0465;50.1878 27.0465)", but I need hypertext =(

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply