Export dtx package but doesnt work on SQL Agent

• I am going to give up, I'm afraid.

I don't know why you would get any sort of 'workgroup information file' error when opening an Excel file (because I thought only Access had those).

One last thing. Can you post the entire connection string for the Excel workbook?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• ya no problem:

Data Source=C:\test\Test_Import.xlsx;Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Extended Properties="EXCEL 12.0";

that is what I have.

• ok Phil first off, thank you thank you... for taking the time... i found the problem... and yes i am going to take myself out back and beat myself over the head.... so the problem was... i was using a local variable when i thought i was using a package parameter... after i switched it from local (and deleted it) to package parameter... it worked... big thank you again for your patience.

• Siten0308 wrote:

ya no problem:

Data Source=C:\test\Test_Import.xlsx;Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Extended Properties="EXCEL 12.0";

that is what I have.

I'm not sure how much it matters, but I think the conn string extended properties should contain 'XML', as follows:

Data Source=C:\test\Test_Import.xlsx;Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Extended Properties="EXCEL 12.0 XML";

(I often refer to https://www.connectionstrings.com/excel/ when sussing out the correct connection string to use with Excel.)

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Siten0308 wrote:

ok Phil first off, thank you thank you... for taking the time... i found the problem... and yes i am going to take myself out back and beat myself over the head.... so the problem was... i was using a local variable when i thought i was using a package parameter... after i switched it from local (and deleted it) to package parameter... it worked... big thank you again for your patience.

Hahaha, good on you for admitting that!! Glad you got it working.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply