Export Audit information in a dataflow

• Hi everyone,

Still trying to get my head around how to do some things (actually a lot of things) in SSIS.

I have set up a data flow task to extract records from a source to an OLE DB destination. In the transformation from source to destination I have a row count which assigns it's values to a package variable.

What I want to do, is to export this variable (the count for extracted records) into another OLE DB destination audit table with details such as date, package name and count. Just to help keep track of extracts so I can in future raise alerts if certain values aren't achieved.

I've tried to add another path off the row count, but it stops me from doing this.

Any ideas how I can do this? I not sure how, as I don't think I need another dataflow task as I won't have a source, only variables to export.

_____________________________________________________________________________MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer (2005)

• Keep it simple.

You are already assigning the value to a variable. Go back to the control flow and use an execute SQL task to run an INSERT into a table with your variable values after your data flow completes.

• That'll do it. Thanks!

_____________________________________________________________________________MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer (2005)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply