ive been working with SSIS and SSAS (only Multidimensional, not Tabular) for 1 1/2 years now.
I wish to explore more SQL Server topics but i am not sure where to continue.
Things i have done/do at work:
- Cube Processing and Design
- Basic Backupmanagement of Databases
- Performance Tuning for the ETL process and the Reports in the Cube
Things i have worked/read through:
- Stairways that are relevant for my current work: SSIS, Data Warehouse Design,Indexing, SQL,MDX,...
- Books about SQL/TSQL, Accidental DBAs
Maybe someone can help me creating some kind of roadmap how to continue exploring further topics.There seem to be so many topics and i don't know where to start. There should be a systematically plan to move forward. Learning R or Python would be intresting, but without any plan where to go with this aquired knowledge, it would not really help me because i dont even know where to really apply that knowledge. That is why (if possible) i am looking for something first that is similiar or something that can be combined with the knowlege and use of what i am already using at work.
I thought about getting started with the Tabular Model next, but i am not sure. Is it possible to create some kind of roadmap using these topics (elements can obviously be added or deleted from the list). What to start with?
- Reporting Services
- Tabular Model
- Machine Learning
- Data Mining
- Power BI
- Coding Langauges: C#,R,Python,.... --> (which?)
I would really be grateful if someone could help me guiding the way