• Nice "first coffee" question, thanks.

😎

BTW: another good read on the subject (MSDN) Caching Mechanisms

• Thanks for question Steve.

Got it wrong 🙁 but refresh all once again 🙂

--rhythmk
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    To post your question use below link

https://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/forum-etiquette-how-to-post-datacode-on-a-forum-to-get-the-best-help
    🙂

• A good question that taught me something, so thanks. I see the answers are all over the map on this one.

• Great question, definately learned something.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Do I get partial credit for picking two out of three? How about picking the third, then changing my mind and deselecting it in favor of the wrong answer? 😛

Great question.

• Dropping any index on the table, whether it is used by the query plan or not

This should probably say "Dropping an index on the table that is not used by the query plan." If the index is used by the query, won't it necessarily cause a recompile? 70% choose this option.

[font="Tahoma"]Personal blog relating fishing to database administration:[/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]https://davegugg.wordpress.com[/url]/[/font]

• Great question, Steve. Two out of three isn't too bad, is it? :hehe: Thanks, I learned something.

• I think it should have been worth more that 1 point. This was a tough one, I must have checked and unchecked Dropping the index box 5 times, before deciding that wasn't one of them.

• stephen.long.1 (12/17/2014)

Great question, Steve. Two out of three isn't too bad, is it? :hehe: Thanks, I learned something.

+1 Thanks for the question.

Everything is awesome!

• cgumprich (12/17/2014)

Do I get partial credit for picking two out of three? How about picking the third, then changing my mind and deselecting it in favor of the wrong answer? 😛

Great question.

Sorry, though that's a good idea. Partial credit on these multi-choice answer. Hmmmm.

• Unfair , unfair......

After reviewing the documentation in BOL, my third choice was Large numbers of changes to keys..., which is one of the reasons for a recompile. One would think partial credit could be awarded for selecting a valid answer that wasn't as important as the three acceptable answers. Rats......

• Nice question. And I'm only partially motivated in my praise by having got it correct.

Had to think about it for a while - almost went with the dropping an index answer, but noted the "whether it is used or NOT" part and decided against it.

Thanks Steve!

[font="Verdana"]Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.[/font]
    Connect to me on LinkedIn

• nelsonj-902869 (12/17/2014)

Unfair , unfair......

After reviewing the documentation in BOL, my third choice was Large numbers of changes to keys..., which is one of the reasons for a recompile. One would think partial credit could be awarded for selecting a valid answer that wasn't as important as the three acceptable answers. Rats......

If you selected the option

"A large number of changes to keys caused by insert or delete operations"

Then it was one of the correct options for this question. One of your other selections was not valid for this question.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Nice question.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply