Executing DTS packages

• Hi,

Could any please tell me how to execute the legacy DTS packages that are migrated from the SQL Server 2000 instance (32-bit) to SQL Server 2005 instance (64-bit)?

Thank You,

Yours

SQLBuddy.

• I don't know if this is your issue, but maybe you just need the plugin to manage the DTS packages in SSMS.

Download it from here:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/4/d/44dbde61-b385-4fc2-a67d-48053b8f9fad/sqlserver2005_dts.msi

Hope this helps

Gianluca

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Hi Gianluca,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Could you please tell me, to run Legacy DTS packages (32-bit) on 64-bit machine which version of the backward compatibility tools should I download from this site X86 or X64

http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?familyid=D09C1D60-A13C-4479-9B91-9E8B9D835CDC&displaylang=en

Thanks,

Yours

SQLBuddy.

• This is a client tool, so you don't need the x64 version if your server is x64. Anyway, there's no x64 package on the page you linked.

Hope this helps

Gianluca

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Hi Gianluca,

Thank you very much for your reply. I really appreciate your help.

Best Regards,

Kiran.

• Not sure if you even need the DTS "compatibility" package unless you wish to re-design a DTS package. Of course you'll need to (if only to change the datasource!).

Once exported from MSSQL2000 and Imported into MSSQL2005, I create a stored proc to run it, using this command :

PRINT '----------- JOB STARTING: ' + ' ----------- @ ' + convert(varchar(19), getdate(),120)

BEGIN TRY

exec master..xp_cmdshell 'dtsrun /SMyServerName /NMyDTSPkg /E'

PRINT '----------- FINISHED 1.1: MyDTSPkg : ' + ' ----------- @ ' + convert(varchar(19), getdate(),120)

END TRY

BEGIN CATCH

--Note: TRY-CATCH block attempting to bubble up the error does not seem to work... yet. Control is not transferred to this block.

END CATCH

--------------

HTH

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply