ExecuteNonQuery error inserting WMI data into sql server db

• I am attempting to learn/use PowerShell. The following script should be a simple insert of wmi computer system data into a table, but it fails with an error of:

Exception calling "ExecuteNonQuery" with "0" argument(s): "The parameter data type of UInt32 is invalid."

At :line:40 char:37

+ $RowsInserted = $cmd.ExecuteNonQuery <<<< ()[System.Reflection.Assembly]::LoadWithPartialName('Microsoft.SqlServer.SMO') | out-null

[System.Reflection.Assembly]::LoadWithPartialName('Microsoft.SqlServer.SMOExtended') | out-null

# . for the local computer

# If you want to connect to a remote machine, specify the machine name here.

$ComputerName = "."

$CompSys = get-wmiobject -class "Win32_ComputerSystem" -namespace "root\CIMV2" -computername $ComputerName

# Create SqlConnection object, define connection string, and open connection

$con = New-Object System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection

$con.ConnectionString = "Server=MySQLServer; Database=MyDatabase; Integrated Security=true"

$con.Open()

foreach ($property in $CompSys) {

# Create SqlCommand object, define command text, and set the connection

$cmd = New-Object System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand

$cmd.CommandText = "INSERT INTO ComputerInformation(FullComputerName, ComputerDescription, ComputerSystemType, ComputerManufacturer, ComputerModel, NumberProcessors, TotalPhysicalMemory)

VALUES (@Name, @ComputerDescription, @ComputerSystemType, @ComputerManufacturer, @ComputerModel, @NumberProcessors, @TotalPhysicalMemory)"

$cmd.Connection = $con

# Add parameters to pass values to the INSERT statement

$cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Name", $property.Name) | Out-Null

$cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@ComputerDescription", $property.Description) | Out-Null

$cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@ComputerSystemType", $property.SystemType) | Out-Null

$cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@ComputerManufacturer", $property.Manufacturer) | Out-Null

$cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@ComputerModel", $property.Model) | Out-Null

$cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@NumberProcessors", $property.NumberOfProcessors) | Out-Null

$cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@TotalPhysicalMemory", $property.TotalPhysicalMemory) | Out-Null

# Execute INSERT statement

$RowsInserted = $cmd.ExecuteNonQuery() <<<<**ERROR OCCURS HERE**
    }
    $con.Close()

Could someone point me in the correct direction please?

Thank you.

• Thanks, but nevermind. I figured it out last night. I had to cast $property.NumberOfProcessors and $property.TotalPhysicalMemory into [Int32]$property.NumberOfProcessors and [Int64]$property.TotalPhysicalMemory. Silly datatypes anyway.

Thanks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply