EXECUTE SSIS Pacakge from command line with environment variables

• hi,

I am trying to execute ssis package from command line. I also tried to pass environmnet variables like below. Not sure what is wrong?

Also is there a way that we can execute package using sql? if so how?

example:

Command line :

dtexec/ISServer "\SSISDB\Folder\Foldername\"Packagename" /Server "Servername" /ENVREFERENCE "Environmentname foldername"

This above command is not working 🙁 . error: execute package failed because of error 0x80131537. Input string is not correct format.

• Executing an SSIS package from T-SQL is straightforward, see link.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• dtexec/ISServer "\SSISDB\Folder\Foldername\"Packagename" /Server "Servername" /ENVREFERENCE "Environmentname foldername"

Quotes look wrong, instead of \SSISDB\Folder\Foldername\"Packagename"

I think you'd want "\SSISDB\Folder\Foldername\Packagename"

• Still same issue. Is it how you pass environment varibles correctly? I just specified folder name ? do we need to give path sepcifically?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  komal145.
  • Envreference should be a number, I think. Here is an example from MS:

DTExec /ISSERVER "\SSISDB\folderB\Integration Services Project17\Package.dtsx" /SERVER "." /Envreference 2 /Par "$Project::ProjectParameter(Int32)";1 /Par "Parameter(Int32)";21 /Par "CM.sqlcldb2.SSIS_repro.InitialCatalog";ssisdb /Par "$ServerOption::SYNCHRONIZED(Boolean)";True

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  Phil Parkin.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Thanks working.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply