Execute Process Task - The process exit code was "2" while the expected was "0"

• latingntlman (10/19/2015)

Hello all,

I'm having a similar issue but the exit code is "12" while the expected was "0". I'm completely stuck and not sure what it means or where it's coming from. Basically it's a container. Inside of it there's and Execute Process Task Editor, which executes a batch file, which has code that pulls data from TERADATA, then exports it to a text file. After this, a Data Flow Task imports the data from the text file into a SQL table.

The container errors out about 3 seconds after the executable batch has fired off. I looked it up on the web but nothing with "exit code 12.

Has anyone experienced this situation before, if so, what can be done?

Regards,

J.

My question would be why are you using a batch file to export data from Teradata to a text file and then importing the data from the text file? Seems to me you should be pulling the data directly from Teradata in to the target table In SQL.

• I inherited this SSIS solution from someone who's no longer w/the company, so I can't get into that right now. What I really need to figure out is what the heck that exit code 12 means and how I can fix it, so any light shed by anyone will be greatly appreciated.

J.

• Well, here's the problem. We can't see what you see from here. We have no idea what the process is that is extracting the data from Teradata. We don't know what the process is being used to import the data (though I have an idea). Most importantly, we don't know which is failing or if the failure is actually a success.

You will need to break down the process, perhaps run it in debug mode in BI Studio (or what ever it is called), and pin point where the failure is occurring.

You may also want to look at adding logging to the process.

• It turned out to be an access violation issue inside the batch file: The login user's password had expired. Problem fixed.

• latingntlman (10/19/2015)

It turned out to be an access violation issue inside the batch file: The login user's password had expired. Problem fixed.

Glad you found it.

• i'm also facing same issue . how do you resolved the issue ?

• SRIDHAR549 (10/17/2016)

i'm also facing same issue . how do you resolved the issue ?

This thread is a year old but there are about 5 (or more) solutions in the thread. You may want to read through the entire thread and try the solutions that worked for others. Or post a new thread with details of your issue including what you have tried to resolve the problem and the results.

Sue

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply