Execute process task SSIS (Powershell Script)

• Hi Guys,

I need urgent help. I have a Powershell script that I am executing through "Execute Process Task," and the return is two variables values. I can capture one variable to use a variable in "Standard Output Variable.". I would like to know how I can capture the second return value from the Powershell script.

I can combine two outputs in the Powershell script and use "Standard Output Variable." and use "Derived column Transf" to split in two, but I am sure it must be a way to use two outputs variable.

Please advise.

Thanks!

• How does the EXE return these two variables values in Powershell?  Can you show the Powershell commands that you are using to get these variables?

Generally - executing a process (Process.Start) only has a single variable to return data.  That would be the Standard Output from the executed process task.  Somehow, using Powershell you are able to return these 2 variables...

The solution - I think - is going to be a script task where you implement this PS script and set the SSIS variables from the PS variables, or using .NET to do the same thing.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply