Execute package task problem

• Hi all,

I really hope someone can help me with this problem, anyway here goes:

I've created several DTS packages which all run like they should. I've also made a workflow package which starts several of the above mentioned packages in a row (when the first one finishes successfull the second job is started and so forth (I use the Execute package task icon)). Everything goes according to plan until the last package is started. When this package has processed all of its rows (186000) it keeps on running forever and it won't finish. I've let it run for over 60 minutes but the package doesn't complete. In the end I have to cancel the job and I get the msg, task failed (which is obvious offcourse 😉 )

Any clues, anyone?

thnx

Kris

• What version of SQL Server are you running? Also, what is the latest service pack installed? Lastly, if you execute the last task in the package manually by right clicking on it and selecting Execute Task or whatever it is labeled, does the task execute and complete correctly?

Michael

Michael Weiss

• If you have SQL 2000, make sure you turn on Package Logging for all the packages. This might give you an insight into what's going wrong.

Hope this helps

Phill Carter

--------------------

Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

--------------------

• hi all,

right clicking on the job and running it manually didn't work either.

But I found something that did. I checked the properties of the task and selected the dts job again (the same I selected before). After a rerun everything turned out fine. I guess there was a glitch in the selection or just something weird.

Anyway, the problem is gone. Thnx a lot for your replies!

Kris

• Maybe the ExecutePackage task was pointing to an earlier version of the same package.

Hope this helps

Phill Carter

--------------------

--------------------

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply