Execute Package Task

• I have two SSIS packages. Each of them run fine when scheduled independently. But I want the first one to call the second one to ensure that the second one runs immediately on completion of the first one.

When I add the Execute pacakge task to the first one, then I get this message: Source: Description: Failed to decrypt protected XML node "DTS : Password" with error 0x8009000B "Key not valid for use in specified state.". You may not be authorized to access this information. This error occurs when there is a cryptographic error. Verify that the correct key is available. End Error Error: 2007-10-04 10:29:42.02 Code: 0xC0016016 Source: Description: Failed to decrypt protected XML node "DTS : Password" with error 0x8009000B "Key not valid for use in specified state.". You may not be authorized to access this information. This error occurs when there is a cryptographic error. Verify that the correct key is available. End Error Error: 2007-10-04 10:29:42.10 Code: 0xC0016016 Source: Description: Failed to... The package execution fa... The step failed.

I have the package protection at the default, which is to encrypt sensitive with user key. I am providing the connection string in a config file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Carla Hepker
    Documentation: A Shaft of light into a coded world.

• Few things that u can do now.

1) If its not a complicated package then design those two packages again and while designing before you save then be very careful to check PasswordProtectionLevel on your SSIS pacakage and choose the option "dont save sensitive".

2)If you choose the option encrypt using user key then u get this error or the other option about saving the package and asking password will give the error

• Thanks for your response. I am not sure I want to design the packages again. I have noticed, like you, that once I have chosen one level of protection, it is not very good at going to another one.

In the meantime, I went down another path and just put two steps in the job when I scheduled it. I guess I could have done that from the beginning, but I was converting a dts to an SSIS and the dts had called the second package, so that was the mode I was thinking in.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Carla Hepker
    Documentation: A Shaft of light into a coded world.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply