Execute a data-driven SSRS subscription from SSIS to archive a report

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Execute a data-driven SSRS subscription from SSIS to archive a report

• Thanks for your detailed explanation. I would just caution that a republish of a report can break all of the parameter bindings in a scheduled report. Perhaps it's been improved in more recent versions but it was a real headache for us

• Interesting topic, however I believe not everyone can use the "New Data-driven Subscription" link as it is only supported by SQL Server Enterprise edition?

• Probably worth considering not hardcoding the SubId into the package either, but rather using the DDS name/description:

SELECT @SubId=SubscriptionID FROM dbo.Subscriptions WHERE Description='DDS_Name'

EXEC dbo.AddEvent @EventType = N'TimedSubscription', , @EventData = @SubId

• nick.mcdermaid (6/29/2016)

Thanks for your detailed explanation. I would just caution that a republish of a report can break all of the parameter bindings in a scheduled report. Perhaps it's been improved in more recent versions but it was a real headache for us

Couldn't you just create a separate subscription from the actual scheduled subscription?

• Any way to get this to work with a report in a load balanced sharepoint system instead of SSRS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply