Execel Source

• Hi All,

I need a help regarding Excel source.

Requirement: I have one folder that contains both .csv and .xls files, the package is to read each file, and populate the data from all the .csv to one table and the data from all the .xls to another table.

Approach:I have created global variable , using the ForEach loop I will be getting the file name from which I can get the extension. I have used one ForEach Loop , inside that one script task(whose status will be success if the file is .csv and failure if .xls),success is connected to one dataflow task which will use the flatfile source , and the failure is using another Dataflow which uses the Excel File Source.

I case of .csv , In dataflow I have used one connection manager and gave the variable(which has the file path with full name of the file) as the connection string.

But in case of .xls, when I created excel connection manager and gave the variable ,the excel file source was giving error while trying to select the tab of the file(for Table or View option).

If any one has solution , pleas help.

Thanks in Andvace!!

Regards,

Mithun C

Thanks & Regards,
    MC

• I think I would be tempted to use an 'Expression and Constraint' Precedence Constraint to control the flow, as Excel files are not really errors, just a different path ...

Can you include the details of the error message?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Hi thanks for the reply,

I have tried some alternative using expression and it is fine now.

Regards,

Mithun C

Thanks & Regards,
    MC

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply