EXEC sp_configure 'user options', 512 not working

• I am trying to globally suppress the 'xxx row(s) affected' messages for all queries on a SQL Server and am trying to run the above command to do this but I don't seem to be having much luck.

I have tried it on SQL2005 and SQL2008 R2 with the same outcome. In each case I run sp_configure (with RECONFIGURE as well) and I can see that my value of 512 has gone in, but I still get the messages. I thought it might just be down to SSMS but I did a Profiler trace and could not see anywhere this being set or not set (even when I turned on SET NOCOUNT from the SSMS query options - which did work). I've even restarted the instances with no joy.

Any ideas anyone?

• i tried , its not working for me also

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• Ok an update: when I try with osql instead of SSMS it works. It seems SSMS overrides this setting unless you explicitly turn SET NOCOUNT ON in the query options menu.

Thanks for checking though!

Ben

• ben-564110 (3/30/2010)

Ok an update: when I try with osql instead of SSMS it works. It seems SSMS overrides this setting unless you explicitly turn SET NOCOUNT ON in the query options menu.

Thanks for checking though!

Ben

what query did you use in oSql?

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply