Excel Source File

• I have an excel source. I need to load into database table. But when I use excel source in SSIS on the server, it gives me the below error.

“microsoft ace.oledb.12.0” provider is not registered on the machine

MS office is not installed on my machine.

Is there any other way that I can achieve this data without installing MS Office.

Thanks in advance.

Satish

• Download necessary components (Not Office itself) from:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=7554f536-8c28-4598-9b72-ef94e038c891&displaylang=en

This download will install a set of components that facilitate the transfer of data between existing Microsoft Office files such as Microsoft Office Access 2007 (*.mdb and *.accdb) files and Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (*.xls, *.xlsx, and *.xlsb) files to other data sources such as Microsoft SQL Server. Connectivity to existing text files is also supported.

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• Thanks, Its working now.

• Thanks , I learned a new concept today

Raunak J

• Hi

Does this by any means temp with the oracle drivers?

I installed this for my clients and right after they complained about oracle drivers (haven't looked the error message yet), although the initial problem was solved

• Tee.M (2/21/2012)

Hi

Does this by any means temp with the oracle drivers?

I installed this for my clients and right after they complained about oracle drivers (haven't looked the error message yet), although the initial problem was solved

The ACE OLE DB driver has no connection whatsoever with Oracle drivers.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• well the error reads as follows, this was working a day before

OLE DB provider "MSDAORA" for linked server "CDIHWHPROD2_EIW" returned message "ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

".

Msg 7303, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "MSDAORA" for linked server "CDIHWHPROD2_EIW".

i check the TNS and everything looks fine there.

please help!!!

• Tee.M (2/21/2012)

well the error reads as follows, this was working a day before

OLE DB provider "MSDAORA" for linked server "CDIHWHPROD2_EIW" returned message "ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

".

Msg 7303, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "MSDAORA" for linked server "CDIHWHPROD2_EIW".

i check the TNS and everything looks fine there.

please help!!!

This has become an Oracle connectivity problem, while the original thread is about Excel files.

Better start up a new topic or try the Oracle forums, they probably know a lot more about this stuff than the people here.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply