Examining SQL Server 2016

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Examining SQL Server 2016

• Currently working in a Oracle shop so working with ANY version of SQL Server would be refreshing (2000 and above if I am truly honest as I can't imagine going back to 7.0).

I would use some spare time but I am currently refreshing my .NET skills. I have to prioritise otherwise I don't get enough from anything.

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!

• The addition of primary keys, foreign keys, and non-clustered indexes to Clustered ColumnStore makes it more of a mature candidate for data warehousing tables. Also, our department may be implementing AlwaysOn availability groups for one of our larger enterprise replication servers. The Microsoft guy who came to spend a couple of days training on AG advised us that v2016 has some significant improvements over v2014 and v2012.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• The most exciting part for us is the revamped reporting services and Query Store

• We're excited that we may see it in shop by 2021, if we can afford the license costs! 😀

I'm wondering if we will run it on Windows, Linux or Linux in Windows? 😎

• Live Query Statistics, the ability view the execution plan of a running query, that just awesome.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn831878.aspx

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply