Evolving Yourself

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Evolving Yourself

• Constant learning, I think, is the key to being alive. And if you learn, you evolve as a result of that learning. There is just so much amazing stuff out there that I cannot fathom the concept of not trying to explore it, and if applicable, use it to my advantage.

Luther

• Good morning to you all.  I'm thankful I woke up again today.  Yes, I try to keep myself constantly evolving.  I'm turning 80 years old next spring, and still love to pick up new things along the way.  ( I'll insert here that i've worked with computer systems since 1969 ).

I'm sitting in my home office surrounded by six computer systems, three extra monitors, two printer/scanners, two NAS devices for my data and a very good digital 35mm slide scanner.  One of my ongoing challenges is moving and integrating data between various applications that I have used for years.  I am constantly designing new database storage and learning new skills with SQL Server tools to move and reformat data between these systems.  I still enjoy the challenge of  finding good ways to accomplish tasks.  I am digitizing nearly 100 years of b&w family photos (a large moving box full of albums), over 60 years of 35mm slides for which we no longer have a projector (two moving boxes full) including learning to use Photoshop Elements to retouch and improve colors and focus, and have nearly 80 thousand tracks of digital music captured from over 400 CD's

Gee, I sure wish somebody would wash my office windows!  One of the most disappointing things I have to deal with is my declining ability to do physical tasks for any substantial period without serious discomfort.  As an old farm boy, we were raised to think if you could not accomplish a task you were either too weak or weren't trying hard enough.  In that area I'm DEVOLVING.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  skeleton567. Reason: more info
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  skeleton567. Reason: more info

Rick
    Disaster Recovery = Backup ( Backup ( Your Backup ) )

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply