Aha, a new network-rooster a the barn wanting to galvanize so (s)he is thé employee of the year !
1) Don't panic (I know it's hard)
2) keep note of _all_ demands (because these are not to be considered requests) of this new rooster, so you can examine them one by one, make an inventory and add-on your check-results and conclusions
3) don't set (yes this is something you do yourself) to tight deadlines. Give yourself the chance to learn from this occasion.
4) have your (top)-manager involved in the project, once you've had a first glimp regarding technical issues.
5) we also use veritas for FILE-copies ! We make sql-backups according to each server's SLA to a local drive and have veritas copy them to tape.
6) because we keep the local backup-files (and only delete them when creating new ones), we don't need veritas for a restore, unless someone asks a restore from a couple of months ago. This is certainly _not_ restored to the production server.
7) is it needed for your company to have your sqlservers registered in AD ?
probably your rooster is just jumping to the new buzzword.
8) take your time to learn some AD yourself !
9) don't blow up all communiation, you will still have to work together ! Just proove you rooster you can match him at _your_ domain (including sqlserver networking !). Once that's been sorted out, he'll come along