Event Log msgs

• From the event log I found some informational messages, What does below messages means ? Is it something I took as warning ?

SQL Server has encountered 25 occurrence(s) of cachestore flush for the 'Bound Trees' cachestore (part of plan cache) due to some database maintenance or reconfigure operations.

SQL Server has encountered 41 occurrence(s) of cachestore flush for the 'SQL Plans' cachestore (part of plan cache) due to some database maintenance or reconfigure operations.

SQL Server has encountered 57 occurrence(s) of cachestore flush for the 'Object Plans' cachestore (part of plan cache) due to some database maintenance or reconfigure operations.

• I read old post for Gilamonster and found Restores, taking a DB offline, some sp_configure option changes will cause those messages.

Can anyone let me know how can I know the query executed within last 24 hours ? Or How can I know if any of the above changes been made within last 24 hours ?

• If you're not monitoring queries through something like extended events, you can't be sure what was called. But, you can check the queries that are currently in cache by hitting the DMVs like sys.dm_exec_query_stats which will show aggregate statistics for all queries currently in cache. You can combine that with sys.dm_exec_sql_text to see the queries themselves.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply