Errors when exporting from SQL to database

• Hi,

I've got a package which exports data from tables to an Access Database - it approximately pumps out about 15 tables or so, yet everytime I run it, it tells me that some tasks fail. If I run it again, different tasks fail, or less fail, or more fail, or (rarely!) none fail! The error message is "Unspecified error - unrecognised database format"

I'm running on SQL 7.0 SP1? Will upgrading to SP4 help, or is this some other issue?

• SP4 couldn't hurt, well it could but it is not suppossed to. 🙂 Why not just link to the Access database instead of migrating, the access data projects give you all the front end of accesss with a SQL backend.

Bruce Szabo, MCSE+I, MCDBA, MCSD

• That would be a bit hard for the disconnected sales reps out on the road to interact with. 🙂

I found a way around the problem - I simply applied precedence to the data flows, so that only one occurred at a time. Perhaps the .mdb kept getting corrupt since it couldn't handle so many updates simultaneously.

• Oh that make sense. You could have used MSDE on the local desktops if you wanted to have them take SQL with them. At least you were able to get around the issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply