So my company uses SSRS 2012 to allow our users to run reports and build their own. And the only person at the company who knew much about it just left. I know very little about SSRS in general, unfortunately.
Here is what I can say about the issue:
- We can connect to the SSRS site to run reports without any problem. It is only when we click "Report Builder" that we get a pop up asking for us to log in again, followed by an error ("")
- When clicking "Report Builder" in IE 11, we see an error pop up "The system cannot find the file specified.". IE then crashes, leaving an empty notepad file open.
- When clicking "Report Builder" in Chrome or Firefox, a file is downloaded. When I go to my downloads to try and run the file, the text file shows the following error: "Deployment and application do not have matching security zones."
- When clicking "Report Builder" in Edge, the text file shows the error: "The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized."
- This issue only started happening within the past month. Before that, it was working without incident for years from what I've been able to gather.
I would greatly appreciate any assistance as to where I should start looking. Here is what I've seen so far:
- I have .NET Framework 4.6 installed on my machine.
- The accounts of those who would be given permission to this shouldn't have changed recently, but I can confirm that these users belong to active directory accounts that have sys admin permissions in the SSRS portal.
- The Reporting Services services are up and running.
Where do I go from here?