Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while processing the '<xxx>' partition of the '<xxx>' measure group for the '<xxx>' cube from the <xxx> database."

• Hi all,

Can anyone please advise how to troubleshoot this error? The job has been running fine in the last couple of months. Just started failing this week.

Not sure where to start checking. Previous DBA left last week and am stuffed with this at the moment with no doc.

Error send by the customer as below.

Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while processing the '<partition name>' partition of the '<measure group name>' measure group for the '<cube name>' cube from the <database name> database." Source="Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services" HelpFile="" /><Error ErrorCode="3239837702" Description="Server: The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed." Source="Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services" HelpFile="" /></Messages></root></results></return>. The step failed.

On second thought, it says "The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed" ... I guess my problem is finding what transaction failed ... oh boy.

In any case, can I have any advise on where to start. Thanks in advance.

• Try to process each dimension independently, then try full cube processing again.

If any of the dims fail, you should hopefully get an error message that points you to the problem.

• Identify which dimension is throwing error and try to fix that dimension then you may process all. Remember this setting in the error configuration make sure this option (Report and Stop) is not selected for any of the properties. I hope this will solve your problem??

• el problema persiste? como lo resolvio?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply