errors in App/MSDE install with MSMs in SP3

• We are using Wise Installation packager (or something to that effect - I don't actually create the install) to create an install for a large .NET application that runs a SQL200 database on MSDE. Our install has included the MSMs and whatnot to install MSDE, but since switching to the SP3 modules, we are getting the following IE version error:

"Setup requires Internet Explorer version 5.0.2314.0 or above. "

MSKB article 274224 cites this as a bug in SQL2000 MSDE that was fixed with SP1. Has anybody else tried this? Did they reintroduce the bug with SP3??

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• We are experiencing a similar problem. At first Microsoft blamed Wise for not working with their merge modules properly and then Wise blamed Microsoft for bad programming. Neither has resolved the issue although Wise has released "fixes" in the past. This is a topic that is in the Wise support forum currently.

• thanks tgrignon,

I believe that we have worked around this error (and others) by disabling certain checks in the install and or lowering the severity of such errors in the overall process. It's not pretty, and I'm a little concerned about the quality of the MSDE we may end up with, but I'm too busy with development tasks at this point to look at the install files.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply