Errors attaching corrupt DB

• I'm trying to attach a Customers SQL 2005 Express DB and get the following. They had a power failure and have no backup

SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O error: torn page (expected signature:

0x55555555; actual signature: 0x785c71bd). It occurred during a read of page (1:254) in

database ID 6 at offset 0x000000001fc000 in file 'C:\150730\Customers.mdf'. Additional

messages in the SQL Server error log or system event log may provide more detail. This is

a severe error condition that threatens database integrity and must be corrected

immediately. Complete a full database consistency check (DBCC CHECKDB).

I tried creating a new database with the same name and approximate size, stopping the SQL Service and replacing the mdf and ldf with the corrupt files so I could at least get this mounted. That worked and as expected I got the same error expanding the Tables. I tried the following

EXEC sp_resetstatus 'Customers'; ------suspect flag already reset

ALTER DATABASE Customers SET EMERGENCY ---Could not continue scan with NOLOCK due to data movement.

DBCC checkdb('Customers') --------same errors as above

ALTER DATABASE Customers SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE -----successful

DBCC CheckDB ('Customers',REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS) -----failed with same error

Is there anything else that can be done here. Ideally, I'd like to be able to retrieve some of this Customers data. Thanks

• If it won't go into emergency mode, there's nothing you can do.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I suspected that was the Case. Thanks for the reply

• You can try Stellar Phoenix SQL recovery software. It repairs corrupt SQL data files and objects. To see the preview of corrupt database, download free demo version from Stellar's official website.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply