Error withSubreport in a table

• I have to create insurance verification forms using a report viewer.

I created the report for the forms which has prints duplicate ID cards on one page. There is a page for each vehicle covered. I created the main report with a table that uses the Vehicle data source, added a subreport in the table and added the necessary parms to the subreport control . If I run the subreport alone it works fine but when I run the main report I get and error that says subreport could not be shown. Am I crazy for trying this?

example:

Main report

table:

Vehicle# Subreport for ID cards(parms: vehicle#)

Subreport

name policy#

eff date

vehicle yr,make,model

vehicle vin

ins co

------------------------------------

name policy#

eff date

vehicle yr,make,model

vehicle vin

ins co

Changinagain

• I'm not sure I understand the problem. Are the cards duplicate copies?

If so, can't you just build the entire page in the detail area of the report?

• What is the exact error message?

Odds are you can probably get all your data in one query and do it in one report without the subreport. That will be more efficient to. Basically you are making a network roundtrip for each row in the main report to call the subreport vs. doing it all in one roundtrip.

• Thanks all. It is duplicate data on one page, which I did. I had to send in a paramenter to the subreport for the vehicle #. Once I did that I got the full page for each vehicle. Sorry if I was confusing, I'm still new at some of this so I was grasping at straws. Thanks again for your responses.:D

Changinagain

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply