Error with SSIS log provider for Sql Server - Possible bug

• I enabled logging for my SSIS package, selected the log provider for Sql Server and used one of my OLE DB connections that points to a Sql Server 2005 database.  The connection uses a user called MYUSER with a default schema of MYSCHEMA.  When I run the package in BI Studio, I get this error:

An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E14.

An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client"  Hresult: 0x80040E14  Description: "There is already an object named 'sysdtslog90' in the database.".

I checked my database and I have a table called MYSCHEMA.sysdtslog90.  If I change the connection info to use sa, the package runs fine and does the logging to a table called dbo.sysdtslog90.  Here's the kicker, if I change my connection info back to MYUSER the package will run without error and start logging to dbo.sysdtslog90!  Does this seem like a bug to anyone?

This is all occurring in my database, not in msdb. I am not creating the sysdtslog90 tables, they are getting created automatically.

• More on this...

I just noticed that a stored procedure is being created, sp_dts_addlogentry().  However, it is being created under the dbo schema.  So, I have this:

• dbo.sp_dts_addlogentry()
    • MYSCHEMA.sysdtslog90

When the sp is executed, it can't find the table.  I guess for now the solution is to manually create the sp under the MYSCHEMA schema, but I would consider this a bug of some kind.

• Hi ,

I also faced the same problem, but after investigation i found that that was the problem of Database permission.For this u need the permission of Dbo.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply