Error when trying to Restore a .bak file.

• Restore failed for Server 'xxxxxx'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

Additional information:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: Could not continue scan with NOLOCK due to data movement.

(Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

• To rule out a problem with smo you could script the restore and see what error's (if any) you get then.

Just go to restore it as normal but instead of clicking "Restore" click the "Script" button instead - this will generate the script in a new query window.

Ed

• Hi,

i have been trying to restore a backup file that i copied from a server that run MSDE to another server that runs Microsoft SQL Server 2005, am actually trying to upgrade from MSDE to MS SQL Server 2005, i have also tried the script option you suggested but am still having the problem.

The error message is: Msg 314, Level 16, State 4, Line 1

The backup set holds a backup of a database other than the existing 'XXXXX' database

Msg 3013, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

RESt

ORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

Can somebody pls help?

• Sounds like you're trying to restore over an existing database. If this is a migration from MSDE to SQL 2005, why are you restoring over an existing database? You should be creating a new one (I would have thought)

In future please create a new thread for a new question, don't just tag on to the end of an existing thread.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply