Not trying to restore it to the master on the new server, just trying to create a copy. An application I am trying to restore actually created som files in the master and I need to access them.
This shouldnt be a problem, starting to think it might be a bug in the new sp4 I installed.
What is happening is that whenever a new db is created on the 2005 there is an entry in sysobjects for something called sysnsobjs. Then after the actual files have been restored the RESTORE process automatically tries to update it to the latest version (From 539 to 611). This fails with the message "sysnsobjs already exists in database" and the database is inaccessible.
I tried running with CONTINUE_AFTER_ERROR and no good either. Didn't really seem to continue either just quit at the same point with a slightly different message.
Doesn't seem to be an option on the restore to tell it to leave it an the prior version....
Tried to delete the reference sysnsobjs before the restore but in its ultimate wisdom MS has decided to make it impossible to "run ad hoc queries" against system tables.
Protecting me from myself even though i am on a test server that I could rebuil if necessary while making it impossible to restore a 2000 db to a 2005.