Error when importing package from DTSx file

• Hi,

I migrated an DTS package from SQL 2000 to a SSIS 2K8 R2 using the wizard. I then open in design the packaged and debugged it until it ran properly on my workstation, in debug. So, I am now trying to import into the Integrations Services on the server.

Package Location is from File System - I select the dtsx file and give it a proper package name - like "TestPackage"

I get this error - ( :blink: I just find strange that the object name mentionned at the beginning misses the drive letter).

Looks like a SSIS bug...

Anyone have any ideas?

===================================

Object name "\Windows\System32\CSCDLL.dll" is not valid. Name must begin with an alphabetical character or underscore "_".

({FA35D7C0-E919-42DA-91D8-C93FDA0BD7C4})

------------------------------

Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Application.LoadPackage(String fileName, IDTSEvents events, Boolean loadNeutral)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Application.LoadPackage(String fileName, IDTSEvents events)

at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Controls.PackageProtectionUtils.<>c__DisplayClass4.<LoadPackageFromFile>b__3(String password, IDTSEvents events)

at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Controls.PackageProtectionUtils.LoadPackageWithPassword(PackageLoader loader, IWin32Window dialogParent, String packageName, Boolean askOptionalPassword, String& packagePassword, DtsProtectionEventListener errorListener)

at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Controls.PackageProtectionUtils.LoadPackageFromFile(String file, IWin32Window dialogParent, Boolean askOptionalPassword, PackageUpgradeOptions packageUpgradeOptions, String& packagePassword, DtsProtectionEventListener errorListener)

at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Controls.PackageLocationControl.LoadPackage(DtsProtectionEventListener errorListener, PackageUpgradeOptions packageUpgradeOptions, String& packagePassword)

at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Controls.PackageLocationControl.LoadPackage(DtsProtectionEventListener errorListener, String& packagePassword)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.ObjectExplorerUI.ImportPackageAsAction.ImportPackage(ImportPackageAsForm dlg)

===================================

Object name "\Windows\System32\CSCDLL.dll" is not valid. Name must begin with an alphabetical character or underscore "_".

({FA35D7C0-E919-42DA-91D8-C93FDA0BD7C4})

------------------------------

Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.ApplicationClass.LoadPackage(String FileName, Boolean loadNeutral, IDTSEvents100 pEvents)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Application.LoadPackage(String fileName, IDTSEvents events, Boolean loadNeutral)

==========================

• I am currently downloading the Cumulative Update 3 and will apply it on my test server.

Let you know how it goes...

• The only update I applied from the download was the NativeClient.

I was then able to import the dtsx successfully.

I am sceptical that it solved the issue...maybe it is just a reboot of my laptop...

Ah well...:hehe:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply