Error when executing procedures in linked server.

• Experts,

I am getting the below error when executing a procedure from linked server.

Could not execute procedure on remote server because SQL Server is not configured for remote access. Ask your system administrator to reconfigure SQL

able to access tables without any pbm. Checked all the configurations and seems to be fine.

Pls help.

Thanks in advance.

Smith.

• Can you provide a code same. Specifically how you are trying to call the stored procedure?

Thanks,

Fraggle

• EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'LINKEDSERVERNAMEGOESHERE', @optname=N'rpc', @optvalue=N'true'

GO

EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'LINKEDSERVERNAMEGOESHERE', @optname=N'rpc out', @optvalue=N'true'

GO

Hope this does the trick.

Gianluca

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Gianluca Sartori (1/25/2012)

EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'LINKEDSERVERNAMEGOESHERE', @optname=N'rpc', @optvalue=N'true'

GO

EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'LINKEDSERVERNAMEGOESHERE', @optname=N'rpc out', @optvalue=N'true'

GO

Hope this does the trick.

Gianluca

This is the code for creating the linked server. I was referring to the code you are using for the specific procedure call that is erroring out.

• There is nothing wrong with the call: it'a a linked server property that controls whether stored procedure calls are allowed or not.

Run the code I posted and let me know.

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Thanks for all the responses.

I have checked all the configurations including "RPC & RPC Out". Both are allready set to TRUE only.

Settings all are done properly. Any other possibilities ?

Thanks,

Smith.

• My bad, I totally misread your initial post. :blush:

Run this instead:

exec sp_configure 'remote access', 1

reconfigure

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Almost forgotten: do it on both servers.

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Hi,

Thanks. In fact I have checked those settings as well.

It was allready done on both the servers. I am getting lost now.

Thanks.

Smith.

• Can you script out the linked server and post it here please?

Also, can you post a sample of the failing code?

-- Gianluca Sartori

• EXEC master.dbo.sp_addlinkedserver @server = N'linkservername', @srvproduct=N'SQL Server'

GO

EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'linkservername', @optname=N'collation compatible', @optvalue=N'false'

GO

EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'linkservername', @optname=N'data access', @optvalue=N'true'

GO

EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'linkservername', @optname=N'dist', @optvalue=N'false'

GO

EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'linkservername', @optname=N'pub', @optvalue=N'false'

GO

EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'linkservername', @optname=N'rpc', @optvalue=N'true'

GO

EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'linkservername', @optname=N'rpc out', @optvalue=N'true'

GO

EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'linkservername', @optname=N'sub', @optvalue=N'false'

GO

EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'linkservername', @optname=N'connect timeout', @optvalue=N'0'

GO

EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'linkservername', @optname=N'collation name', @optvalue=null

GO

EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'linkservername', @optname=N'lazy schema validation', @optvalue=N'false'

GO

EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'linkservername', @optname=N'query timeout', @optvalue=N'0'

GO

EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'linkservername', @optname=N'use remote collation', @optvalue=N'true'

Is anything wrong it that ?

Executing procedure for Linkservername.databasename.schema.procedurename.

Nothing else. Then I get the mentioned error.

Thanks,

smith.

• Did you try:

EXECUTE database.schema.procedurename AT linkedservername

Doe this work?

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Line 2

Incorrect syntax near 'linkedservername'.

Able to select data from tables.

Thanks,

Smith.

• Sorry, try this:

EXECUTE('EXEC database.schema.procedurename') AT linkedservername

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Yes......... This is working.

So what could be the issue and how to resolve it

Procedure is executed from an application which cannot modify.

Thanks a lot. Kindly guide how to resolve this issue and make it to work.

Smith.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply