Error: Unable to connect to the remote server

• Carlton Leach (2/27/2011)

Gift Peddie (2/25/2011)

grahamc (2/25/2011)

Its quite possible that your datasource is setup to impersonate the calling user - local admin. Which would (and should) not have permissions on the DB.

In the SQL Server error log is there any login errors/failures?

The error is not related to datasource permissions but IIS required permissions, when an application is running it IIS it checks for the Asp.net runtime permissions in SQL Server and the connection database and fails the execution if it is not resolved.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Reporting Services 2008 doesn't require IIS...

Carlton.

SSRS 20008 runs a stripped down (builtin) version of IIS. It makes the install and setup much easier than in 2005.

• [p]I have tried all possible ways to my knowledge, still the issue is not resolved.[/p][p]Please suggest me, what are all the security permissions need to given in IIS and ASP.NET to resolve the issue?[/p]

KSB
    -----------------------------
    Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Knowledge and happiness never decreases by being shared.” - Buddha

• IIS and ASP.Net should only require connections (and that should be done with the service account) to the internal Reporting Services databases, after that, its all down to the datasource connection details.

If you go to Reporting Services Configuration Manager, is everything setup correctly?

Has someone perhaps changed something and not used the correct encryption key, which will scrap the datasources or wherever a password is stored?

• [p]I just mapped my report server to another server and tried. Now I am able to access the URL: http://TNinaptReportserver2/reports. Previously I was not..[/p][p]And now the datasource also connecting to the server properly. i don't find any errors in the SQL Server log. I found the below log in my report server: [/p][p]

library!ReportServer_0-3!cf8!02/28/2011-04:28:15:: Call to GetItemTypeAction(/TNinaptReports/CountListing).

library!ReportServer_0-3!cf8!02/28/2011-04:28:15:: Call to GetReportParametersAction(/TNinaptReports/CountListing).

library!WindowsService_43!c50!02/28/2011-04:28:20:: i INFO: Call to CleanBatch()

library!WindowsService_43!c50!02/28/2011-04:28:20:: i INFO: Cleaned 0 batch records, 0 policies, 0 sessions, 0 cache entries, 0 snapshots, 0 chunks, 0 running jobs, 0 persisted streams, 0 segments, 0 segment mappings, 0 edit sessions.

library!WindowsService_43!c50!02/28/2011-04:28:20:: i INFO: Call to CleanBatch() ends

[/p][p]But the issue is same.[/p][p]

Unable to connect to the remote server

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at Kat.Mark.ReportEngine.Impl.ReportExecution2005.ReportExecutionService.LoadReport(String Report, String HistoryID)

at Kat.Mark.ReportEngine.Impl.Client.ReportClientMSSqlServerRS.RenderReport(IUser user)

at Kat.Mark.ReportEngine.App.ReportMain.RunReport(IReportInstance reportInstance)

at Kat.Mark.ReportEngine.App.ReportMain.RunReport()

at Kat.Mark.ReportEngine.App.ReportMain..ctor(String[] args)

[/p][p]Thanks.[/p]

KSB
    Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Knowledge and happiness never decreases by being shared.” - Buddha

• Is the problem when running a report?

• [p]Yes, I'm getting this error when running the report in my application.[/p]

KSB

• Kari Suresh (3/1/2011)

[p]Yes, I'm getting this error when running the report in my application.[/p]

and when you run it from the SSRS url?

• [p]I just run now and got the same error. When I tried using SSRS url the report worked properly.[/p]

KSB

• Kari Suresh (3/1/2011)

[p]I just run now and got the same error. When I tried using SSRS url the report worked properly.[/p]

That sounds like a Kerberos (or other) authentication issue. If you look at the SQL Server and Windows Event log on the server that you are trying to connect to are there any errors.

• If you look at the SQL Server and Windows Event log on the server that you are trying to connect to are there any errors.

[p]I am not finding any errors in SQL and windows Event logs. I even checked Report Server log and found the following log.

library!ReportServer_0-5!c70!03/01/2011-03:47:06:: Call to GetItemTypeAction(/TNinaptReports/CountListing).

library!ReportServer_0-5!c70!03/01/2011-03:47:06:: Call to GetReportParametersAction(/TNinaptReports/CountListing).

library!WindowsService_45!ef8!03/01/2011-03:48:35:: i INFO: Call to CleanBatch()

library!WindowsService_45!ef8!03/01/2011-03:48:36:: i INFO: Cleaned 0 batch records, 0 policies, 0 sessions, 0 cache entries, 0 snapshots, 0 chunks, 0 running jobs, 0 persisted streams, 0 segments, 0 segment mappings, 0 edit sessions.

library!WindowsService_45!ef8!03/01/2011-03:48:36:: i INFO: Call to CleanBatch() ends

[/p]

KSB

• Well then I will wait for someone to come up with some new ideas, as everything you have said points to an authentication issue of some sorts.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply