error timeout

• Your Attention Please A System Error has occurred

Details :-

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

.Net SqlClient Data Provider

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteScalar()

at Mingle.DataAccess.Uploader.DAUploader.uploadContacts(String RequestString) in D:\BuildJune20\Mingle.DataAccess\Uploader\DAUploader.cs:line 66

at Mingle.Business.Uploader.BLUploader.ProcessStickReturnData(String RequestString) in D:\BuildJune20\Mingle.Business\Uploader\BLUploader.cs:line 92

at Uploader_upload.HandleDesktopUpload()

at Uploader_upload.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Base Error:- .Net SqlClient Data Provider

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteScalar()

at Mingle.DataAccess.Uploader.DAUploader.uploadContacts(String RequestString) in D:\BuildJune20\Mingle.DataAccess\Uploader\DAUploader.cs:line 66

at Mingle.Business.Uploader.BLUploader.ProcessStickReturnData(String RequestString) in D:\BuildJune20\Mingle.Business\Uploader\BLUploader.cs:line 92

at Uploader_upload.HandleDesktopUpload()

at Uploader_upload.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Host Machine Name : ASSYST-NEWWA

Application User Name :

Application User Machine Address : 167.165.5.11

Error Page Url : /Uploader/upload.aspx?Type=1

Hi,

I am getting an error like diz while connecting our 20 machines to sql server through an application.This comes as we connect more than 10 machines.please help to resolve.

• You would need to determine what queries are being run. This will be in the code or you can use Profiler to check what is happening.

From there, try running that code in SSMS and see if it works.

• Any other chances for getting the time out error to happen

• I'd suspect pretty strongly you're getting blocking. If you have a blocking script, I'd run it (if not search for one in the SSC scripts over on the left), or at least run sp_who2 to see what's being blocked. Also get perfmon spun up & start collecting data on CPU, memory, etc., to see what the system is doing. As Steve says, get a server-side trace set up so you can capture data.

That's what I'd do now. If you get information from these, pass it on.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Try doing these

First:

In database property set query time out to 0, It's default vaule is 600.

Second:

In your connection string add "Connection Timeout = 0"

Third:

When you executing your stored procedure or query, that time you also need to set SqlCommand's CommandTimeout to 0.

Ex. : cmdExecute.CommandTimeout = 0;

Tanx 😀

• ***** 😀 😛

Editor's Note: I'm not sure what this means, but I suspect it is a non-English, non-appropriate language, so I have removed it.

• John Marcuz (7/21/2009)

***** 😀 😛

What on earth does that mean?

Madame Artois

• Eswin (7/21/2009)

Try doing these

First:

Second:

In your connection string add "Connection Timeout = 0"

Third:

When you executing your stored procedure or query, that time you also need to set SqlCommand's CommandTimeout to 0.

Ex. : cmdExecute.CommandTimeout = 0;

You're most probably on the money. Add connection pooling to this !

I use connection string settings from web.config where I add parameters for connection timeout and set a maximum connection pool of ... say 30 connections or whatever stabilises your SQL Server.

If you use Activity Monitor, you'll be amazed at the number of pooled connections generated by each .Net call. Not only they may block one another, but they certainly exhaust the server resources.

Sorry I cannot give an example, not close to a work computer, but there is good documentation around that I used successfully.

• Try doing these

First:

I do not think there is anything like that.

In general at server side there is no timeout thing.

• The OP has used bad language. Please do not respond to the post.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply