Error string: Class not registered

• I've been googling and can't come up with a solution.

DTS package comes back with this failure:

DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_2 DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_2 DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_2 DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_2 DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_3 DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_3 DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_1 DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_1 DTSRun OnStart: Create Table CostAllADMTableb Step DTSRun OnError: Create Table CostAllADMTableb Step, Error = -2147221164 (80040154) Error string: Class not registered Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package Help file: sqldts80.hlp Help context: 1100 Error Detail Records: Error: -2147221164 (80040154); Provider Error: 0 (0) Error string: Class not registered Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package Help file: sqldts80.hlp Help context:... Process Exit Code 2. The step failed.

The DTS package has the code to copy, rename, delete, etc a file in a folder and it works in other places.

I didn't write it but I've browsed through it and can't see any issues.

Where does one begin to troubleshoot this type of error?

Thanks

EDIT: Found out that April 20th saw an update for KB960083 that changed the version of SQL.

EDIT2: Enterprise Manager opens ok on the server, but opening a DTS package or creating a new gets the "MMC has detected an error in a snap-in".

• We get the exact same error on one of our servers. I've not figured out what is causing it, yet... but, it doesn't seem to bother either replicaton nor DTS... at least not for us.

And, sorry... I know that's not any help. Heh... I just know that misery loves company. 🙂

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• A couple of new finds to add to it.

The Box is x64 and the SQL is 2000 SP4. It's also SP2 and that explains the problem with the DTS editing within MMC because of this.

The DTS package is also working with Excel files so it could be ODBC related because of the whole x86 vx x64 thing.

And yes, Misery loves company.

• Very interesting link, Jason. Sounds like my installation is pretty much hosed and there's nothing I can do about it because they moved my servers to a different State and put it all on 64 bit VM boxes. I just love untested progress.

And, now, I get to be even more miserable right along with you. 😛

Thanks for sharing the link you found.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply