Error storing data in text file???

• The error I recieve is as follows:

"[Flat File Destination [13]] Error: Data conversion failed. The data conversion for column "SDATA" returned status value 4 and status text "Text was truncated or one or more characters had no match in the target code page.". "

"[Flat File Destination [13]] Error: Cannot copy or convert flat file data for column "SDATA". "

"[DTS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PROCESSINPUTFAILED. The ProcessInput method on component "Flat File Destination" (13) failed with error code 0xC02020A0. The identified component returned an error from the ProcessInput method. The error is specific to the component, but the error is fatal and will cause the Data Flow task to stop running. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure. "

"[DTS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_THREADFAILED. Thread "WorkThread0" has exited with error code 0xC02020A0. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the thread has exited. "

"[DataReader Source [207]] Error: The component "DataReader Source" (207) was unable to process the data. "

"[DTS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED. The PrimeOutput method on component "DataReader Source" (207) returned error code 0xC02090F5. The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure. "

"[DTS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_THREADFAILED. Thread "SourceThread0" has exited with error code 0xC0047038. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the thread has exited. "

I am selecting data from an OBDC then copying it to a text file an I always get this error, but when I change the destination to a excel file it works perfectly. But the whole point of the package is to copy to a text file.

Please could you help me, your replies will be greatly appreciated.:unsure:

• Try using an oledb source instead. also if you could post the schema of the table, that might help. Are you taking all the cols?

Watch my free SQL Server Tutorials at:
    http://MidnightDBA.com
    Blog Author of:
    DBA Rant – http://www.MidnightDBA.com/DBARant

Minion Maintenance is FREE:

• crever (5/23/2008)

Try using an oledb source instead. also if you could post the schema of the table, that might help. Are you taking all the cols?

Hi Crever, and thank you for your response.

My source can only be found/read if I use a ".Net Providers\Odbc Data Provider".

No I am not taking all the columns, only 1 specific column from the source is being used. I select that column and write it to a txt file.

I have attached my Control flow and Data flow.

Thank you

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply