Error starting Reports Manager

• Hi Steve,

Can you pls let me know how did you configure iis and set the aspnet variables as I am also facing the same problem.

Regards,

Anoushka

• Hi, I was also getting this error. But after setting the asp.net version to 2.0, report manager page is displayed.

To do this

1)- go to IIS

2)- Web sites

3)- Right click on Reports (or what ever name you have for report

manager)

4)- Click on ASP.NET tab

5)- Select ASP.NET version 2.0 from drop down

Regards,

Muhammad

• Hi, I was also getting this error. But after setting the asp.net version to 2.0, report manager page is displayed.

To do this

1)- go to IIS

2)- Web sites

3)- Right click on Reports (or what ever name you have for report

manager)

4)- Click on ASP.NET tab

5)- Select ASP.NET version 2.0 from drop down

Regards,

Muhammad

• For me personally I tried all these fixes mentioned and nothing worked arggh

In the end I sought professional advice (from a person who works on the Web services team)

A simple case of adding NetworkService account permissions to the folder fixed the problem. He took all of 10 seconds to figure this out!

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files

Hope that helps someone

• Hi

Im trying to launch Report builder from the report manager using the url

http:\\localhost\Reports

but all i get is application cannot be started.

please help with this.

thanks

siri

• Thanks I had exactly the same problem and used exactly the same solution.

• This is an old thread but just in case anyone is still interested I think I solved it.

The issue might be caused by a combination of things and one of them might be a Dev SQL 2005 version installed and installing SSRS after service packing to SP3. This might be consequential but...

1. The ASP 2.0 version wasn't set in the default Web properties

2. the global configuration connection parameter was set to data source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated Security=SSPI;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|aspnetdb.mdf;User Instance=true. I changed it to datasource=MYDEVSERVER;-with everything else the same.

3. When I browsed the site from IIS, I then received a permission error on the following directory

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files. This I just set to 'everyone' - probably not good but it is only a dev server after all :w00t: - Maybe the specific permissions might need to be investigated further...

4. I Stopped and Started IIS and Presto.. SSRS works.

I hope that is of use to someone, if there is anyone out there

CodeOn

😛

• This is an old thread but just in case anyone is still interested I think I solved it.

The issue might be caused by a combination of things and one of them might be a Dev SQL 2005 version installed and installing SSRS after service packing to SP3. This might be consequential but...

2. the global configuration connection parameter was set to data source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated Security=SSPI;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|aspnetdb.mdf;User Instance=true. I changed it to datasource=MYDEVSERVER;-with everything else the same.

3. When I browsed the site from IIS, I then received a permission error on the following directory

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files. This I just set to 'everyone' - probably not good but it is only a dev server after all :w00t: - Maybe the specific permissions might need to be investigated further...

CodeOn

😛

CodeOn

😛

• So please tell me where I can find the global configuration connection parameter discussed below. Is this in a file? If so, what is the location?

Thanks

Malcolm Daughtree (7/8/2009)

This is an old thread but just in case anyone is still interested I think I solved it.

CodeOn

😛

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply