Error occured up on clicking subscribe button

  • On click on subscribe button i am getting below message. first i checked the rdl that is uploaded by the account has access to report server and report server database, it has. still showing same message..

    what could be possibilities

    An error occurred within the report server database.  This may be due to a connection failure, timeout or low disk condition within the database. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerStorageException: An error occurred within the report server database.  This may be due to a connection failure, timeout or low disk condition within the database. ---> System.Exception: For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors

     

  • I would check the things that the error mentioned such as "low disk condition".  Do you have free space on the disk and in the database?

    Next, I'd be checking the logs.  Windows, SSRS, and SQL Server to see what happened.

    If everything looks good there, my next check would be to make sure the database isn't having some issues.  Run some checks on the database (CHECKDB) and review the results.  Hopefully you are running that on a regular basis.  I'd also check the autogrow settings as well as if the database has room on the disk to grow by that amount.  For example, if you have autogrow set to 10GB and you only have 5 GB free on disk, you will not have a good time.

    Also, is it failing with one single report or all reports?  Is it failing for all users or just you?  If it fails for everyone and on all reports, the problem is likely database or server related.  If it is failing for all reports but only for you, then it is likely permission based.  If it is only 1 report and only you, again, probably permissions.  If it is only 1 report, but all users, I'd be looking at the database again.

    And as a final test, what web browser are you using?  It sounds silly, but it could easily be that it works in Edge or IE but not in Chrome.

  • Another thing to check - are you using some sort of load balancing?  A place I worked had load balancing on the SSRS server, and it turns out SSRS doesn't handle balancing.  It would create a subscription on one server but not the other, and when I would try to update the subscription I would often get a similar error to yours.  Once we moved to a single-server architecture the errors stopped.

  • thank you for your comments, these reports are hosted on sharepoint project server. next thing i will check the aspx report viewer page first to see why the link is not working.. next will go to database reportserver and reportservertemp.

    looks like functionality has broken suddenly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply