error in SQL CE replication 29006 process deliver snapshot to subscriber

• Hi guys/gals

im having an issue with some replication on pocketpc's

i was able to do a subscription from a directory which was not default replication directory to my CE device, however now the system comes up with the following error

error 29006

The process could not deliver the snapshot to the subscriber

source: merge replication provider

Ive done a search on MS kbs for information on this and found the following link

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsqlce/html/sqlce_troubleconnect.asp

it outlines common problems and their solutions, well the error is there and it says you can only use default location for replication files as SQLCE doesnt support altrernate locations..

how could i fo it before and now all of a sudden not work?

SQL 2000 with SP3a...

SQLCE2.0

IIS on a differnt machine using basic authentication.

thanks for any help

------------------------------
    Life is far too important to be taken seriously

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• more info on this,

there was a DC issue last week at the site, possible that any authentication/traffic may not be correctly being sent to the SQL server???

im not sure how to fix this, maybe restarting the setup of the replication process? eg unpublish and republish?

• Hi,

Did you try re-initializing the subscription option and also to manually re-run the snapshot agent? Becoz I had also run in some different types of problems with SQL CE Merge Replication..If nothing works, then the easiest way is to script out your replication and then disable and again republish, then rerun the replication script.

Best of luck

Regards,

Dilip

• yeah reinitialising and rerunning the agent didnt work, my last resort is to do what you suggested, but it confirms that what im thinking of doing is what you have suggested!!..

Thanks for the reply dilip!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply