Error in mantainance plan (the connection is not found)

• hi everyone im a newbie to sql 2005

im having problems with my mantainance plans they run sporadically

then out of the blue stops working and sends the following error

Fecha 10/27/2007 10:08:15 AM

Registro Historial de trabajos (BackupFull Platino.Subplan_1)

Id. del paso 1

Servidor BSVMTY\BSVMTY

Nombre del trabajo BackupFull Platino.Subplan_1

Nombre del paso Subplan_1

Duración 00:00:03

Gravedad de SQL 0

Id. de mensaje de SQL 0

Operador notificado mediante correo electrónico

Operador notificado mediante envío de red

Operador notificado mediante localizador

Reintentos efectuados 0

Mensaje

Executed as user: BAFAMS\sqcorre. ... 9.00.3042.00 for 32-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved. Started: 10:08:15 AM Progress: 2007-10-27 10:08:16.06 Source: {7C7CDD02-6C49-4F31-B0AF-955474F7464C} Executing query "DECLARE @GUID UNIQUEIDENTIFIER EXECUTE msdb..sp".: 100% complete End Progress Error: 2007-10-27 10:08:16.08 Code: 0xC001000E Source: BackupFull Platino Description: The connection "Conexión de servidor local" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found. End Error Error: 2007-10-27 10:08:16.10 Code: 0xC0024104 Source: Back Up Database (Full)

Description: The Execute method on the task returned error code 0x80131500 (The connection "Conexión de servidor local" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found.). The Execute method must succeed, a... The package execution fa... The step failed.

Thanks for everyones help and time

Artemio Adame

Jr. DBA

• hi everyone i believe that these error has to do with compatibility issues because my db´s that have failing Mantainance Plans are sql 2000 Db´s .... all other databases in the same server run the mantainance plas perfectly

if anyone has any other ideas to these problem let me know

thanks !!

• Clarification please - Are you trying to backup SQL 2000 databases on a separate server to a SQL 2005 server using 2005's SQL Management Studio/Maintenance Plans?

• Clarification please - Are you trying to backup SQL 2000 databases on a separate server to a SQL 2005 server using 2005's SQL Management Studio/Maintenance Plans?

the databases where originaly from sql 2000 later on we migrated to sql2005 and just restored these sql 2000 databases in the new sql2005 server with compatibility (80)

now im trying to backup with mantainace plan to the same server ... the problem is that they work sporadically and only fail with databases with compatibility with sql2000 (80)

i hope this is enough info

thanks for youre help

• Can you check the connection manager inside the Maintainence plan whether its connecting correctly.

• hi could you give me a little more info because i realy dont know where to find the connection manager

thanks !!:D

• Near the top of the maintenance plan designer, there's a connections button. See images attached.

Click that and see what you have in there.

• i have a local server conection with windows authentification

my agent has its own user in domain with admin priviliges

im still getting the same problem with the mantainance plans :crazy:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply