error in Integrity Check of Maintenance Plan

• Ok...can't figure this one out. I have set up several Maint Plans and on one server with 2 separate Plans, I get the error that it can't do the integrity check because it can't get exclusive control of the database. Why out of SEVERAL plans on several different servers, would this error come up?? Is there a setting I am not aware of??

thanks all...I only have a couple of hairs left...the rest have been pulled out!! :w00t:

Thank you!!,

Angelindiego

• There is an option to repair minor errors. If that option is checked - then exclusive access is required to run the integrity check.

Generally, you do not want the system to automatically attempt to repair any issues found during an integrity check. You want to review the errors and determine the best course of action based upon the errors.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• Thank you!! I will go see if I have such option checked and try again~

Thank you!!,

Angelindiego

• ok, I deleted out the PLAN, started over and made sure that there wasn't any option checked that would need to lock the db. NONE, ZIP. I still get that error when it does the Integrity check. I have now disabled the Integrity Check...so that the job doesn't fail...but what are my consequenses going to be???

Thank you!!,

Angelindiego

• Just a wild guess. I'm not even sure it's possible, considering you've been working with the database, but is it possible your database is in single user mode?

Joe

• The reason you're getting that error is that you're trying to run online checkdb (the default) on a database that can't support it. I rewrote checkdb in 2005 to use a database snapshot instead of log analysis (see http://www.sqlskills.com/blogs/paul/CategoryView,category,CHECKDB+From+Every+Angle.aspx#a7b61f618-f8db-4e6f-8523-c86a77e6574f for more details). If your database can't have a database snapshot created on it, the checkdb will try to take an exclusive database lock, which most likely will fail.

I'm guessing maybe you have a database that's on a FAT32 file system, or there's no space left on the drive?

Thanks

Paul Randal
    CEO, SQLskills.com: Check out SQLskills online training!
    Blog:www.SQLskills.com/blogs/paul Twitter: @PaulRandal
    SQL MVP, Microsoft RD, Contributing Editor of TechNet Magazine
    Author of DBCC CHECKDB/repair (and other Storage Engine) code of SQL Server 2005

• I don't think so (better not be) but I will check for sure! Thanks!!

Thank you!!,

Angelindiego

• thanks Paul...I will check this out!

Thank you!!,

Angelindiego

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply