error in getting performance monitor counters

• I keep getting an error that windows performance monitor could not obtain counters (none of them) when I setup a performance monitor counter log file (capturing data of counters in a log file)using a windows 2000 professional client.

Basically, the job that obtains the counters into a log file cannot start, and error message in the application error log is that it could not obtain the counter.

The environment is as follows:

- windows performance monitor run in a windows 2000 professional client, LOGGED IN with an account that belongs to the ADMINISTRATORS group of the sql server (described below).

- the sql server that is the source of the performance monitor counters is a CLUSTERED sql server 7.0 SP3 with an OS of NT 4.0 SP6

I believe the problem is on NT security.

Can anyone please help?

Thank you.

• Bob,

could you list some of the counters you're using - it may be that the ones you need aren't enabled by default eg Network Segment:Network Utilisation requires the installation of Network Monitor Agent.

Paul Ibison

Paul.Ibison@btinternet.com

Paul Ibison
    Paul.Ibison@replicationanswers.com

• Paul,

The counters are basic counters like Processor %, buffer cache hit ratio, processor queue length, etc.

quote:

Bob,

could you list some of the counters you're using - it may be that the ones you need aren't enabled by default eg Network Segment:Network Utilisation requires the installation of Network Monitor Agent.

Paul Ibison

Paul.Ibison@btinternet.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply