ERROR - header information is either corrupted or missing

• Hi,

This error plagued me for a while and i thought i would share my solution of how i fixed it. Googling doesnt bring up too much of a result for it so i thought this would be helpful.

the error is "header information is either corrupted or missing"

and it occurs (well for me anyway) when a program running in cf.net 1.1 is running and trying to connect to a SQLServer 2005 Database for replication (in my case merge).

I tried just installing the .net cf to 2.0 to the device and the sql ce replication components to 3.0 but to no avail.

The solution for me was to upgrade my project from CF.net 1.1 (1.05xxx) up to compact framework 2.0 . Which i did through Visual Studio 2005.

I think this is because the program when compiled in CF.net 1.1 is still trying to connect to a SQLce 2.0 dll etc and as such upgrading the project makes ur program upgraded to SQLCE 3.0 and communicate properly with the SQLCE 3.0 dll on your replication website..

I hope this helps any one else who might be having an issue with this..

Please feel free to comment or correct me if im wrong in my assumptions here.

Cheers

Adam

------------------------------
    Life is far too important to be taken seriously

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Hi adamcrv,

Thanks for your post. I'm developing a project using cf.net 2.0 and getting the same error message you had with cf 1.1. I have the added complication of connecting to the replication server through a vpn, so the error could be a vpn problem. Have you successfully  implemented mobile replication via vpn?

Regards,

Greg

• No i haven't Greg,

however other posts on the net may prove more helpful, in my search i found that some people were having the issue because of the firewall and antivirus software (symantec particularly) conflicting with the traffic...

HTH

post back if you get a solution

------------------------------
    Life is far too important to be taken seriously

• Greg,

I'm having this problem with CF 2.0. Have you solved the problem?

Thanks!

Eva

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply