Error handling on "Send Email Task" - Don't fail task when invalid email format encountered

• Does anyone know if it's possible to add some kind of error handling to not fail the entire task when an invalid email format is encountered on the "Send Email Task" in my package? I have error handling that sends me an email when the task fails which is fine - but I'm also wanting to redirect the data to a file and continue on with the task so that subsequent emails are sent.

• I don't think there's such a way of handling that error other than to set the connector between the tasks to "complete" instead of "success".

• Libby (8/24/2010)

Does anyone know if it's possible to add some kind of error handling to not fail the entire task when an invalid email format is encountered on the "Send Email Task" in my package? I have error handling that sends me an email when the task fails which is fine - but I'm also wanting to redirect the data to a file and continue on with the task so that subsequent emails are sent.

Sounds like you are doing it in a loop of some kind. Turn the Max Errors up or set them to zero. The errors may require some effort to capture and whatever goes into the email needs to be from variables so that you can pick them up and write them into your error path.

Is this clear at all? Let me know if you need additional detail.

CEWII

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply