Error getting Synchronization Status from Subscriber

• Today - I continued working on a design that I have been working on for the past month that is combining AWS with Rackspace systems in a Transactional Replication design. It has been working fine after having resolved various networking issue with Firewalls and public/private networking in AWS, but this morning I came in, and upon attempting to open up the 'View Synchronization Status' dialog box from a Right-Click on my Subscription (either from the Subscriber himself or from the Publisher server) I am getting the following error...

Right-Click subscription

Error from Right-click...takes a moment to raise

The error states TCP Provider: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly repsond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 10060). Further investigation of this error number reveals the usual suspected (neither of which applies) of it being either the firewalls in the network causing problems (which I was able to eliminate immediately by being able to Telnet over from sub to pub, pub to sub, and each to the distribution database server), or that remote connections have not been enabled (and again - verified that this is not the case).

So I am a bit stumped as to what has possibly happened to my configuration. I was getting this status window to come up fine yesterday, and now it's erroring out. All SysAdmins have said that nothing changed in the network, so short of not trusting that - I am at a lose.

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

Also - if I launch the Replication monitor on the Subscriber - I get this...

It just doesn't see anything from the Sub and on the Pub when I try to laugh it - it doesn't even see anything below the MyPublishers icon. Lastly - I did a test to see if/when an update takes place on the Pub if it is still getting to the Sub, and in fact - it does. So again - I'm at a loss here, and have not found much to explain what is causing this to happen.

Thank you all for any and all help in advance!

SQL_ME_RICH

• Please disregard - the error was not lying. My network guys removed a security group which had the ports needing to be open, yesterday evening.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply